4/16/17

Prozzak in Vancouver 2017

Well the time-space fabric suffered a major rip, when Prozzak came to town as part of their "Forever 1999" Tour. Well as a rundown of who these guys are, Prozzak is a Canadian dance-pop with a touch of rock group from the 90's consisting of a pair of cartoons named Simon and Milo. Hugely popular especially here during the 90's. There are known for the tracks. "Omobolasire", "Sucks to Be You", and many more.

I loved these guys as a kid so I just had to go, knowing its a once in lifetime experience. This was the first time also I ever been to a concert where the headliner is not a friend/acquaintance of mine. So I was sort of nervous too. I wore my Yveltal the Pokemon outfit for this gig. Again I'm usually not the Pokemon of Death-Destruction but I thought it hilarious to wear at this concert. The horns were attracting stares, but I wasn't harassed or bothered by my outfit too much.


Well as usual, it was another insane and crazy hijink adventure with both it's good and bad points. First the bad. In the quickest nutshell and was expected no matter high tight security, etc was (and it was REALLY tight)....ok who is smoking weed in an INDOOR venue with fire sprinklers (thank goodness the fire alarms/sprinklers didn't go off), booze splashed on the dance floor (along WITH the glasses + bottles) and some got splashed on my shorts-leggings (thank goodness my body-paint wasn't hit), one girl got so drunk (and tiny bit suspected was on high) she was "aggressive pole dancing" with the railing near the stage, whacking random people (including me) as a result by accident. Thankfully a group of random people calmly confronted her to stop.

As for the good parts and it was awesome good! The opening acts were not bad, local female rock group with a violinist, not bad at all. Also saw my co-worker attending too..."What are you doing here?!" "What are YOU doing here?!" Hehehe. As for the main act....cue the opening story of Simon and Milo on the video screen, and the Milo and Simon heads inflating. Then.....BOOOM....the guys blaring "Strange Disease" at 11!!! Oh they can rock it good and still after how long!!! The guitar shredding...ooo la la awesome! The real musicians performed along side set dressings depicting their cartoon alter-egos.


Prozzak (real names Jay and James, Simon and Milo respectively) played their best old hits and in addition new stuff from their "Forever 1999" album. In comparison to the old stuff, the new stuff....yes you could very much tell it's Prozzak's dance-pop style yet it feels "updated" to modern tastes....it felt edgier and heavier in feel and tone. "Pussy Cat Pussy Cat" and "Hot" <-- (very nice solo on Milo's part with this track) would be the best examples I can think of. Out of all the new stuff, "Forever 1999" is my favorite track.....it's the Prozzak Dance-Pop style yet, it's a loving, upbeat tribute to those who grew up during the 90's. Well somewhere during the show, "Simon" comes over near the audience and looks at me, gesturing for the flag I was carrying with me. Then the flag got co-op for use during the show. Wow cool, I'm happy that happen, it's kind of like a part of me become part of the show. Don't worry I got my flag back after and lots of thanks to security guy who helped.

There's my flag!

Wow that one awesome night, and thank goodness it didn't insanely late, so I could take public transit back. I big time will not forget this night. Thank you Prozzak for one awesome show. A hole in the fabric of time was open in a very good way.



No comments:

Post a Comment