11/1/15

My Friends Are Djs #31 - Lucid

I admit I was so caught with things ont his end that I forgot to plan out properly this week's panel..so I looked through my pencil sketches for ideas....then I stumbled upon the sketch for Lucid - the hallucinatory fiend and the doom of Neptune. For a quick recap is a surreal "space demon" who is extremely lazy but emits a gas that causes very vivid and dangerous hallucinations. I was also thinking...after the wild Halloween parties, I wonder how many people are recovering from hangover and trippy moments?! I just went wild with the water colour washes to reflect Lucid's trippy nature...wished the scanning brought out the colours more.

PS I have never taken drugs and never plan to ever....I'm already very familiar with its effects.




No comments:

Post a Comment