1/5/15

AniRevo Winter Festival 2015 Con Report

Well what can I say about the first time I went to AniRevo Winter Festival.....other then its was a great event but the venue really needs to bigger....too many people cramped together. However staff was very friendly+helpful and shopping was nice but wish was a little bigger room space. At least there was plenty of food places nearby if you were willing to walk and brave the chill. But it was fun fun....I decided to recycle my Halloween cosplay and go as Dale (Kingdom Hearts)....


Well, I entered the costume contest for fun (like Dale I'm very laid back and fun loving) and the costumes were awesome! Disney Princesses in full blown outfis, the eeveelutions, guys with giant hammers and more! All of us judged by the royal court of Arendelle...Elsa, Anna and Kristoff in awesome outfits too. Well artist alley was interesting as always.....still a very good place to shop for unique gifts for friends. Got one artist to commission an ink sketch of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit....scanned his other works to make sure he can do Oswald justice. Goodthing Oswald is a black and white cartoon star. If you were that artist feel free to scream and thank you! Also partaked in the Pokemon battles abit...they award real buttons as badges akin to Tsukino Con in Victoria. I was only able to challenge and defeat one Gym but was very happy with my accomplishment since I never done competitive face to face battle with this generation of pokemon team and tactics yet, and I'm not in the top ranks of the local circuits. I immediately pinned the badge to my backpack with smiles. I love the live gym badge item...its a souvenir of your accomplishment and a memento of the festival itself. 

Well the dance was fun....simple but add a bunch of cosplayers unwinding and tearing up the dance floors with some awesome moves and you got a party. I been clubbing with friends and well....wow us cosplayers can dance just as well (maybe even better) as night club patrons....and no booze required! Music selection was j-pop, anime and gaming music and hmmm a computer dj set up and "turn table" deck by the looks of it. It was awesome just seeing people let it go and dance....strongly recall one pulling out a light saber while dancing and then I remember...."wait isn't there light saaaabbberr....oh there she is. LIGHT SABER DUEL on the dance floor hahaha!!!

That was one awesome festival...venue just needs to be bigger next time. Here are the pics I took. I forgot to bring my camera so used the 3DS's camera.

Hey Mau5!

Merida and Cinderella. Both of them won awards.

Crowd shot

Dance Crowd Shot


No comments:

Post a Comment