11/23/14

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (First Impression and Midnight Release)

Well after saving up alot of funds from my artist alley stints I got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. This was my first time lining up for a midnight release for anything....so it's me dressed as Kyogre Girl (it's sort of a tradition for me to cosplay somewhat when picking up a new pokemon game on release day) . It was lining up with several other people in a "secret" area of the mall. Fans who are here not just for Pokemon but also for Smash Brothers on WiiU and the Amiibo figures. Man those Amiibos really got snatched up in batches...they're really going to have to restock. Since I Pre-Ordered I got the special poster...that is one epic shot of Primal Kyogre!

As for my first impressions so far....feels likes old poke-times in Hoenn. Like that it started alias the gameboy advanced ver. then poof switches to 3DS view as Professor Birch does his monologue and....is it just me or is our character moving house....WHILE traveling in the back of a moving van with a dodgey door on a bumpy road? I'm not going to ask. Graphics are very nice....its a change from the French inspired Kalos but Hoenn feels true to its Japanese inspired roots with the anime-Asian feel in environment and looks. Battle mechanics still stay the same and in 3-D. The updated Nav is taking some used to after being used to XY's bottom screen for so long but the PSS of XY returns and DexNav is nice improvement on a very large scale....you get to scan what pokemon are in the local area. Very good tool for Poke-Hunting. I find it interesting to find Poke-Centres and Poke-Marts are now separate alias the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games plus berry planting makes a return.

Can't wait to see what other surprises await me in this return to Hoenn....

No comments:

Post a Comment